Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sheesh, it's been a while

Good day, readers! It has been too long since my last post. It's been a combination of laziness and distraction. I recently presented at the PCA/ACA, which was my first academic presentation and my first conference. It went well, but because it was my first, I was nervous about it. So much so that instead of working on a review, I would try to work on the paper associated with the conference. That why, in part, I haven't been posting any movie reviews but, now that it has concluded, I can go back to my normal levels of procrastination with respect to writing reviews.

Normally, I would want to post the paper here but I think I will expand and publish it.

In the past couple days, my wife and I had some little movie marathons. On the flight back from the conference, we watched some of The Avengers and, once we finished it, we watched Thor: The Dark Planet and Iron Man 3 ended the night with Predator (which acted as a segue to Alien which we started the following evening).

In other news, Furious 7 came out last Friday and I'm going to see it this evening! I think I've discussed The Fast and Furious franchise before but I think after seeing Furious 7 in addition to a review, I will write a post about the movies overall. I don't even think I would call the franchise a guilty pleasure. Maybe I should feel guilty but I'm convinced that there has to be something deeper than cars and butts. I look forward to discussing it with you!

I also saw Disney's The Princess and the Frog but there are other reviews that take priority, quite frankly, in part because I neither loved nor hated it.

Have you seen any movies recently?

Before I close this brief post, thinking about my conference paper, perhaps it would be helpful or beneficial to make a post about my experience with the conference particularly with respect to how I went about writing the paper and making the presentation. I would also like to add that my wife was instrumental in me writing the paper and having a positive presentation experience.

Please do leave a comment or suggestion if you feel moved to.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment